Distance from Příbram: 16,5 km | GPS: 49.6017903N, 13.8648842E
Podbrdské Museum with Jakub Jan Ryba Memorial and Česká mše vánoční (Czech Christmas Mass) gallery and historical car exposition in Rožmitál pod Třemšínem. The main gallery is located on three floors. The first floor introduces the history of the poor region under Třemšín; the second presents the oldest history when Lvové from Rožmitál ruled the region. The most important representative of the generation is undoubtedly Johanka from Rožmitál who married Jiří from Poděbrady and became Czech queen. The last floor is dedicated to Jakub Jan Ryba, who worked as a teacher, choir leader, music composer and writer. A part of the exhibition presents his well-known Česká mše vánoční (Czech Christmas Mass).
A new exhibition takes place every month on the ground floor of the gallery.
In three large halls, you can visit a collection of historical cars especially of AERO brands.
Agricultural machinery and tools are exhibited in a barn; the entrance is for free.
Children playground is part of the museum. All parts of the museum and expositions are wheelchair accessible. Changing table for children is available in the bathroom.
More information on the website: http://www.podbrdskemuzeum.cz
Podbrdské muzeum v Rožmitále pod Třemšínem
262 42 Rožmitál pod Třemšínem
Telephone: +420 311 249 262
- January and February - CLOSED
- March-May daily apart from Monday – 9.00 – 12.00, 13.00 – 16.00
- June – September daily apart from Monday – 9.00 – 12.00, 13.00 – 17.00
- October – 15th December daily apart from Monday – 9.00 – 12.00, 13.00 – 16.00
- all exposition including AERO 90 CZK, main exposition 30 CZK, only gallery 70 CZK
- children, students, seniors, disabled: all exposition including AERO 50 CZK, main exposition 20 CZK, only gallery 40 CZK
- family entrance (2 adults and children until 18 years) all exposition including AERO 180 CZK, main exposition 60 CZK, only gallery 140 CZK
- children until 6 years FOR FREE
- Czech guide 200 CZK, foreign language guide 400 CZK
Cars and bicycles can be parked in front of Podbrdské Museum. Buses can stop in nearby Sladkovský Street to enable visitors to get out and get on the bus. Buses can park in the parking place near the bus station in Ryba Street.
Information Center of Municipality in Příbram
Zámeček - Ernestinum, Tyršova 106, Příbram
telefon: (+420) 318 402 381
toll-free: 800 555 600
Information center open daily:
June - September 10 am – 5 pm
October - May 10 am – 4 pm
(except 24. - 26.12. and 1.1.)