Church of Master Jakoubek of Stříbro
The church of Czechoslovak Hussite Church in Memory of Master Jakoubek of Stříbro is the newest religious building in Březové Hory. Functionalistic and constructivist architectural elements were used during its construction. The foundation stone was laid on 24th May 1936. Construction was covered by contributions of 300,000 CZK from church followers and supporters, especially local miners. The church had been building for six months in 1936 in Prokop Street based on the design of architects Vachata and Bílek. It was inaugurated on 25th October 1936 in the presence of many notable personalities and spiritual leaders of the city in the lead of patriarch Dr G. G. Procházka. Three bells were obtained bearing names Hus, Masaryk and Farský.
Curiosity: in the 30-metre tall tower there’s a lookout with a beautiful view on Příbram, its surrounding and distant forests of Brdy Mountains.
The Czechoslovak Hussite Church Příbram - Březové Hory
Master Jakoubek of Stříbro Church
Telephone: +420 318 623 788
Information Center of Municipality in Příbram
Zámeček - Ernestinum, Tyršova 106, Příbram
telefon: (+420) 318 402 381
toll-free: 800 555 600
Information center open daily:
June - September 10 am – 5 pm
October - May 10 am – 4 pm
(except 24. - 26.12. and 1.1.)