In the north-eastern corner of current Masaryk Square, there was a representative building of town hall and savings bank built from 1890 to 1893.
Well-known Prague architect Vojtěch Ignác Ullmann (1822-1897) was responsible for the construction, and the fact commemorates memorial in building lobby. He was accompanied by architect Bedřich Münzberger (1846–1928). They tried to prove that the Neo-Renaissance style perfectly fits representative buildings on streets and squares. They aimed to create a noble house with a richly articulated facade and efficient use of internal spaces. The two-floor building meets the requirements. Antonín Bastl (1838-1901), the builder from Příbram, built the object with the expense of 65 295 gold and 25 kreuzer.
The building is nicely decorated with stucco, balustrades, ledges, city shield sign, chronograms with construction year and so on. The striking element of the interior is a hall, staircase decorated by city symbols and administrative buildings. Historical building elements are represented by stone lining entrance from Tyršova Street and the main entrance with stone lining and door fittings. The project was realised when Karel Hail was City Mayor of Příbram and Josef Štekr, Savings Bank director, played an essential part in the constructions, too. From 1921 to 1922 a part of savings bank was extended on its southern part to ensure growing service. Sculptor Václav Šára (1893-1951) decorated city hall with city sign in 1932. The sign with miners was paid by Příbramské průmyslové závody (Příbram Industrial Plants). Author of the creative design was painter Karel Hojden (1893-1975).
Information Center of Municipality in Příbram
Zámeček - Ernestinum, Tyršova 106, Příbram
telefon: (+420) 318 402 381
toll-free: 800 555 600
Information center open daily:
June - September 10 am – 5 pm
October - May 10 am – 4 pm
(except 24. - 26.12. and 1.1.)