The building of theological convict

Archbishop convict-built in Neo-Renaissance French style is formerly church building. It was designed by architect Vojtěch Ignác Ullmann and his co-worker and relative Bedřich Münzberger in 1892...

The building of theological convict 

Archbishop convict-built in Neo-Renaissance French style is formerly church building. It was designed by architect Vojtěch Ignác Ullmann and his co-worker and relative Bedřich Münzberger in 1892. The house represents historicism with abundant usage of Neo-Renaissance elements. The building served as a Rectorate of Mining University in Příbram from 1922 to 1946 apart from the period of Nazi Occupation. From 1946 to 1950 it was used as a theological convict and later until 1990 as an administrative building. The chapel was abolished during rather insensitive alterations. Currently there is St. Elisabeth University of Health Care and Social Work.

The city orchards were founded in the mid-19th century. The main chestnut-tree avenue functioned as the town promenade. The wooden pavilion at its end served as a venue for concerts particularly in the 19th century. In 1921 the park was named after Alois Jirásek. The sandstone sculpture built in 1938 by the Příbram sculptor Václav Šara is dedicated to the writer´s work

The avenue is lined with buildings of the Příbram educational institutes. The former orphanage and custodial care (No.115) dates from 1888-91. The New Renaissance building of 1881- 82 (No. 113) housed a realschule (grammar school) until 1949. Now there is Secondary School of Nursing and Higher Vocational School. The primary school's neo-Baroque building was built in 1906 -1908 for the needs of the realschule.